Highlights of "Walk in the Footsteps of Your Ancestry":
* Living history at Highland Folk Museum in Newtonmore
* In Inverness at the Highland Archive Centre, delve into records dating to the 14th Century, and find out more at the visitor center at Culloden Battlefield.
* Isle of Skye, Dunvegan Castle, Clan Donald Skye, Armadale Castle
* Road to the Isles, Glen Coe, Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park, battlefield of Bannockburn
* National Wallace Monument, Stirling Castle, Gretna Green
* Uncover your Scottish Borders ancestry in archives dating back 750 years, at Heritage Hub in Hawick.
* Back in Edinburgh, explore the National Galleries, the Royal Yacht Britannia, and the Palace of Holyroodhouse.
And, while you’re in Scotland this year, enjoy hundreds of cultural events during the Year of Homecoming Scotland 2014!
A cultural tour curator, Karen Misuraca is a travel writer and the author of several guidebooks, including Backroads of the California Wine Country; Backroads of the California Coast, and Fun with the Family Northern California. Check out Karen's newly updated iPhone app, California Coast North.